Monday, 28 July 2014

Summer Beauty - Hair Care



My hair care routine is pretty simple to be honest. I don't use a lot of products in my hair and I don't like it too look to over styled especially in the summer.

I like to wash and condition my hair every time I wash it which is every other day, once a week I use organic coconut oil as a hair mask applied at least 30 minutes before I wash it.

A couple of months ago I changed up my haircare routine and I am happy with what I am using now. I have my hair cut four times a year as I like to keep it longer anyway and the condition I keep my hair in I haven't had any problems with doing so.

Cleansing and Conditioning the hair and scalp

When I wash my hair I always double cleanse, the first cleanse is remove some dirt and the second cleanse I get a better lather. I only condition the mid lengths to ends as I can't see the point in applying conditioner to the scalp.  I use a 100% cotton towel to wrap my hair in once it's been washed, leave it on for 30 minutes and scrunch dry the ends (never rub). I use coconut oil once a week as a mask to condition and cleanse the scalp, I don't wrap my hair in anything I just pop it in a bun. For brushing my hair I use a Denman hair brush as the more expensive ones I have purchased I haven't been that impressed with.
Drying the hair

If I wash my hair in the morning I will let it dry naturally. If I have washed it in the evening then I will roughly dry the hair. The only heated tool I use is my heated rollers.

Styling the hair


I don't apply any styling product to my hair after washing/before drying. After it is dry and has been curled then I run some coconut oil through the ends. This gives definition to the curl created by the rollers or to my waves if dried naturally. It also adds shine to the hair and helps prevent dry ends.

Hair up or down

Depending on how my hair has been dried depends on what I do. For naturally dried or roughly dried hair I like to wear my hair either half up or in a low pony tail. If it's been in rollers I like to wear it down or in a pony tail with a cascade of curls. As you can see I am very lazy when it comes to my 
hair.

Products mentioned
Louise Galvin shampoo and conditioner 
Neal's Yard Remedies coconut oil 

-Louise

No comments:

Post a Comment